Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tough decisions...

I have been reconsidering the half iron for quite a while now... I am not sure how wise it was to plan that 6 weeks before the NYC marathon, especially with a time goal (sub-3:25) that will be quite a challenge for me.  I should be riding 3 times a week, including a 4-5 hour long ride on the weekend, but I have just not been very diligent about making that happen.  And that last open water swim was definitely not a fun experience.  So I've decided to withdraw from the race and focus on running.  It will be a lot easier to stick to my marathon training schedule without trying to fit in hours of swimming and biking, so hopefully this is the right decision.  I'm not giving up on the idea of a long course triathlon though... they just announced Ironman Raleigh 70.3, so I am planning to be out there in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment