Friday, April 19, 2013

Recovering...

It's been a pretty stressful week, as you would imagine.  The highlight was definitely the belated post-race get together, which over half my teammates who had run Boston were able to attend.  

Mike, Bart, Laura, Ellen, Kara & Kate
I've gone over Monday's events so many times that I just don't feel like talking or writing about it, but if you want to read the short version, you can find my story over at the Press Republican, or peruse the thoughtful commentaries written by Mike and Ellen.

The physical recovery is coming along as well, and over the last three days I've managed 30 minutes on the trainer, a 3 mile walk with Jeannelle and Nicole, 4 easy miles with Sara (34:07), another 4 with Allie (31:47), and a 1500 yard swim.  Tonight I'll take it easy and hit the foam roller, and hopefully my legs will cooperate as I try to pace Jen D at the Tar Heel 10 Miler in the morning.  

Thoughts and prayers to all in Boston... 

No comments:

Post a Comment