Friday, May 4, 2012

Neither here nor there

I can't remember the last time I haven't been on some sort of training plan.  It seems like there has always been a key race on the horizon, so after a big race I would take a few days to regroup and then start training for the next event.  But with Paris behind me, my next major "A" race is the New York City Marathon on November 4 and I have some time before starting a 16-week marathon training plan.  In the meantime, I am planning on a few half marathons, some sprint triathlons, my first Olympic tri in August and a half Iron in September.  Of course I would like to do well in those and hopefully be competitive in my age group, but I am largely looking at triathlon training as a fun way to get in some cross training and maintain fitness over the summer.  That being said, I have no idea what I'm doing right now!

After getting back from the trip, I had decent runs for three days (despite some achilles/lower calf pain) before heading to the Outer Banks for a wedding and doing no exercise whatsoever over the weekend.  We came back to 90 degree temps all week and I really didn't feel like running.  I got out there a few times just for the sake of it but it was pretty pathetic.  Fortunately I had my early am Sync classes and a decent bike ride, so the week wasn't a total loss.  

Wednesday: Total Body Circuit and 10 mile run on the ATT with Lora (1:22:38)
Thursday: Same 10 mile run on the ATT... first 7 with Josh, Jason, and Dan around 7:30 pace before slowing down to run the last 3 solo (1:19:11)
Friday: Sync Cycling, 7 miles around Duke with Lane and Allie (59:00)
Saturday: Chicken biscuits, donuts, 7 cupcakes and a bottle of wine.  Yes, seriously.

Monday: AM - Cycling and strength training at Sync; PM - 3M including 10x150m hill sprints
Tuesday: AM - Sync cycling; PM - 4M easy run and Sync cycling
Wednesday: AM - Total Body Circuit; PM - 6M run on the Raleigh Greenways with the Trysports run club
Thursday: AM - TRX; PM - Team on Draft group ride in RTP (17.5M)

Have a good weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment