Thursday, April 19, 2012

Quick trip update

We had a great few days in Geneva visiting friends!  Khristen and Rachid were the best hosts, and I can't thank them enough.  We ate a ton of delicious food, drank some good wine, got to see some beautiful places, and of course spend some time with good friends who we miss having around in NC!


Geneva




Old Town at Night


Annecy, France


Yvoire, France


Though we've done a lot of walking, I've taken the entire week of from running and cross-training, and though I'm getting a bit antsy I do feel like the time off has helped and am feeling almost fully recovered from the marathon.  I would like to run tomorrow or Saturday but am not sure if that will work out, so I will probably race Sunday's Cursa Bombers 10K on a full week's rest.   Hopefully I'll be recovered but not too rusty - it looks like a good course and the forecast is predicting temps in the 50s-60s with a slight chance of rain, so I'm hoping to finally run a decent 10K... my current PR was 17 seconds/mile slower than my best half marathon, so hopefully I can at least beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment